Owner : George W. Eby
Snider, Jacob C.
Early: 1853 - Late: 1853
Deed 272 dated August 29, 1853 between Anthony Reitzel, Woolwich Township, yeoman and Jacob C. Snider, Jr., St. Jacobs, miller. Snider purchased 2 acres, Lot 37 German Company Tract, Woolwich Township. The document was witnessed by John L Wideman and George W. Eby. The deed was recorded in the Registry Office of the County of Waterloo at Berlin the 15th day of Septmeber 1854 in Liber F2 for Woolwich Folio 301 No. of Mem. 272.
Kitchener Public Library
85 Queen St. N. Kitchener 519-743-0271 x248 www.kpl.org
Marvin C. Smith in "St. Jacobs - It's Early History," Waterloo Historical Society, 56 (1968), 33-49, notes on page 33: On April 10, 1848 Jacob C. Snider bought a farm on the south side of the Conestogo River and in 1850 and 1851 built flour mill, sawmill, woolen mill, and dam. He sold out to his son Jacob on February 20, 1855. Other owners were H.F.J. Jackson 1856, George W. Eby 1857, and Jacob, Daniel, Peter and Martin Eby in 1860. Benjamin D. Snider became owner in 1863. He sold to E.W.B. Snider on December 31, 1870 and he operated it until 1917 when he sold to his son William Snider."
Region of Waterloo
Fraktur design based on Family Register by Jacob Shoemacher in Joseph Schneider Bible, 1821.