Owner : George W. Eby
Early: 1851 - Late: 1851
An advertising postcard for The People's Store in St. Jacobs, Waterloo County, Ontario. George W. Eby opened this store, the second general merchandise store in St. Jacobs. As advertised, he sold dry goods, groceries, hardware, crockery, liquors, paints, oils, etc. Handwritten along the bottom margin of the photograph is: "This store was started on the north east side of the bridge about 1840."
Kitchener Public Library
85 Queen St. N. Kitchener 519-743-0271 x248 www.kpl.org
Region of Waterloo
Fraktur design based on Family Register by Jacob Shoemacher in Joseph Schneider Bible, 1821.